North Haven is a suburban residential community with many commercial and manufacturing resources.
- We currently have a population of 23,888 our resident's median household income $93,696 (2016) is 23% greater than state average and 42% have post high school education.
- In 1960, there were 4,766 dwellings, as compared with 8,915 in 2016, that include mostly single family, owner occupied homes and condominiums. The average sale price of homes in North Haven was $295,500, with homes ranging between $118,000 and $700,000.
- North Haven enjoys a low, highly competitive tax rate of 31.18 mills, and offers a recently adopted tax phase in program.
- The Town is part of a 12 town region comprising the New Haven labor market. We are a healthy commercial, retailing and manufacturing base which employs an estimated 12,509 people.
- There are more than 1,000 highly diversified manufacturing and commerical firms in North Haven, 40 of which are assessed at over $1,000,000.
- We have five industrial parks containing over 400 acres, and boast such corporate community members as Medtronics, United Aluminum, Connecticut Container and O.F. Mossberg Firearms. The Town also has many healthcare providers and is the home to Yale New Haven Hospital Medical Center. We are also proud to have Quinnipiac University located in Town.
- Area Cooperative Education Services
- Connecticut Container Corporation
Town of North Haven Demographics
"The minute we got the lease signed, North Haven was the most inviting. Working with Michael Freda and various town departments during the permit phase of the process was a pleasure."
Frank Bowser, COO
PPG Properties, LLC
For a printable complete list of the Town's demographics please click here.
Location, Location, Location !
North Haven is centrally located between New York, Boston and Providence.
With easy access to Interstate 91, 95 and the Merritt Parkway we are ideally located for business, and pleasure.
As Presented at the September 26, 2013
Economic Development Breakfast
Upper Washington Avenue Study
A quantitative analysis to determine market
opportunities for economic growth
Conducted by the
Connecticut Economic Resource Center, Inc.
North Haven's Economic Development Commission members along with various land use boards and commissions, and key town personnel recently gathered at Ludal's to attend a workshop on the Fundamentals of Municipal Economic Development. The Workshop was hosted by the Greater New Haven and Quinnipiac Chambers of Commerce was a collaboration of the Connecticut Economic Resource Center, the Connecticut Economic Development Association, the Connecticut Main Street Center and the MetroHartford Alliance.
The Fundamentals of Transformational