North Haven Economic Development
North Haven is a suburban residential community with many commercial and manufacturing resources.
- We currently have a population of 23,997 our resident's median household income $84,078 (2014) is 20% greater than state average and 47% have post high school education.
- In 1960, there were 4,766 dwellings, as compared with 8,590 in 2014, that include mostly single family, owner occupied homes and condominiums. The average sale price of homes in North Haven was $299,700, with homes ranging between $118,000 and $700,000.
- North Haven enjoys a low, highly competitive tax rate of 30.53 mills, and offers a recently adopted tax phase in program.
- The Town is part of a 12 town region comprising the New Haven labor market. We are a healthy commercial, retailing and manufacturing base which employs an estimated 12,509 people.
- There are more than 1,000 highly diversified manufacturing and commerical firms in North Haven, 40 of which are assessed at over $1,000,000.
- We have five industrial parks containing over 400 acres, and boast such corporate community members as Medtronics, United Aluminum, Connecticut Container and O.F. Mossberg Firearms. The Town also has many healthcare providers and is the home to Yale New Haven Hospital Medical Center. We are also proud to have Quinnipiac University located in Town.
- Area Cooperative Education Services
- Connecticut Container Corporation
For more information, please
Town of North Haven Demographics
"The minute we got the lease signed, North Haven was the most inviting. Working with Michael Freda and various town departments during the permit phase of the process was a pleasure."
Frank Bowser, COO
PPG Properties, LLC
For a printable complete list of the Town's demographics please click here.
Location, Location, Location !
North Haven is centrally located between New York, Boston and Providence.
With easy access to Interstate 91, 95 and the Merritt Parkway we are ideally located for business, and pleasure.